Friday, May 21, 2010

Sites I love to see...

One of the sites I'm thankful to view.  Bear fishing!  One week before this was taken, he laid in a hospital bed hoping he'd make it out of there alive.  Such a strong and loving man, the love of my life, my Bear.

Dad and his little girls.  They were having fun catching fish until they quit biting.  Fun in the sun with gee imagine this Mom and Dad.  Another site that made me teary eyed and I wasn't even PMSing..

Sometimes I say, remember to take a look around and notice the beauty that surrounds you.  Two days ago I looked up to see this beautiful moth.  It's not a butterfly but close.  I looked it up on the internet to find out what it's called, it's commonly called a  Robin's Moth.
When we moved here last year I brought as many flowers, bushes and vines that I could.  Normally Iris' get kind of shocked when they are transplanted, well not these hardy buggers some of which spent the winter in the original dirt still in the burlap sacks!  I didn't have what I needed to plant most of them last fall before snow fell so I hoped and prayed they'd make it through til spring.  As of right now I have 4 Iris' that will be blooming this year.  Most of them have the greenery but no signs of flowering.  They are all flowers from my grandmother that passed away 5 years ago.  She could tell you what type they were and where she got them from and when and even who.  I wish I had that information to pass down to my children but it was one of those things that was in Grandma's mind not written down.  The Peonies are doing wonderful.  Four out of the many I brought will be blooming too!  Much to my surprise we have some miniature roses that I thought for sure were dead to this world.  Not sure if they will flower this year.Many more flowers I am looking forward to seeing pop up this year.  Oriental Poppies in bright orange may flower if I can keep the rabbits and deer from chewing them down to nubs.  Tomorrow I will be looking for a home in the yard for my grapevines we brought with us from the L.P. .  You guessed it they are still in their dirt in burlap sacks.. I hope they have survived as well as everything else did in those sacks.  We shall see.  The house we lived in down in the L.P. was extremely close to the rode.  As in when you stepped off the bottom step you were on the gravel on the side of the road.  As a dust repellent my grandma planted the grave vines.  They took years to take over the entire front porch, they provided a dust barrier, sound barrier and privacy.  We could sit on the porch and no one knew you were there.  I miss that place and the porch is bare without all the vines all over it.  I hope to have them grow into the vines they used to be but they will not cover my porch and block my view of the woods and critters I love to watch everyday.  When the flowers bloom I will post pictures.
til' next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment