Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Yellow Isn't Just a Color....

I know it's been a while since I last wrote.  I was grieving the loss of my black beauty.  I have days when I think of him and miss him tremendously.  He will always hold a special place in my heart and mind. 
I started looking for a horse and found one, he's one I met before, about 2 years ago.  Beautiful now 9 year old registered Morgan gelding about 14.2 hh, palomino with dapples!! He also has a strip of brown on his face, like most horses have white he has brown.  There is a small white star on his forehead.  What a stunning horse.  He may be younger but that horse will go where you point him without balking.  Over, through, around anything! Sure footed! I took him places I never would have taken BJ.  BJ had a bum knee that prevented us from going down anything too steep. I was always afraid his knee would go out and we would go for a tumble.  I loved BJ and always will but it is time to go forward and ride with my daughters while I still can.  Fall riding is the best!  We have to squeeze as much in as possible, since hunting season and winter are right around the corner.  Hunters do not take to kindly to riders going through the woods when they are trying to put winter meat in the freezer or a trophy on their wall.
So without further ado, I'd like you to meet Yellow.

He is a looker and a lover.  He loves attention, in fact he almost demands it.  What an absolutely gorgeous boy! :) Hard for me to believe that we have horses!  We are fortunate to have them.  One of my favorite places to be is out in the pasture with them :)  Amazing creatures put on this earth.  Best therapy in the world for me is spending time with our animals.
Til, next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment