Sunday, December 12, 2010

Winter Ride

My oldest daughter came up to see us and celebrate and early Christmas with her sisters.  We baked cookies, cinnamon rolls, chex mix.  But the highlight for me was our little ride around the property.  The fresh blanket of snow was just what we needed.  My mare was moving as if she was not hurting a bit.  And gentle Gemini was just as smooth and gentle as ever.
 Both horses wanted to go a little faster but we kept it slow.  My daughter hasn't been on a horse for about 15 years and was a bit apprehensive.  Plus the snow makes things a bit on the slippery side.
Hope that you are able to enjoy this time of year however you choose.
I enjoy the outdoors any time we can.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. Would love the chance to ride in the snow, but trailering to a snowy place is a bit more treacherous than it worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun, we didn't have to trailer anywhere, it's on our own property.

    ReplyDelete