Friday, December 3, 2010

OUR OWN BLACK BEAUTY

Well we were a one horse family until yesterday.  D Bear and I went to buy saddles and LOOK at a Saddle/Quarter horse gelding.  He rode him first and then I did.  Oh what an animal!  Very well trained and he will train me as well.  He is kid safe.  He and my little red headed mare will be doing their pecking order for a couple days and I'm sure he will test it often.  As for now she's the boss.  Aren't all red heads like that?  He is a little rough looking as he has been rolling in the mud and running through the cockle burrows but he's still a beautiful animal.  He will look different when we get him cleaned up.
Let me know what you think of the new addition.






2 comments:

  1. He's a good looking boy. Obviously smart, as he knows what the shelter is for. I rode a Saddlebred mare for a few days last summer when Smokey was out of commission. I was very impressed with her, and gave serious consideration to buying her. Unfortunately, for me, it just wasn't the right time to add another to the herd. If she's still for sale this spring, that might change.

    Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is very handsome! Black Beauty look alike Paula! I am so excited for you and your new equine friends. I bet the girls are beyond thrilled!

    ReplyDelete